Tuesday 11 October 2011

Yaki Onigiri / Wild Rice Burgers / Basic Taco Meat Mix



Blog Post & Recipe: Yaki Onigiri


Some say that it’s the Japanese equivalent of a sandwich, well if that’s the case then the grilled version, yaki onigiri must be the equivalent of a toasted sandwich.


Blog Post & Recipe: Recipe: Wild Rice Burgers


The chewy texture of wild rice really lends itself to a burger, and we rounded out the nutty flavor with some sharp Asiago cheese and a hint of spice. To hold the burgers together, we used breadcrumbs and eggs.


Blog Post & Recipe: Basic taco meat mix


It’s hard to believe that I have never posted this really basic basic, but looking though my archives I have not. So here it is, a ‘taco meat’ mix that I make all the time in some quantity, freezing in portions. It can be used in tacos of course, as well as a sort of Western-tasting soboro to top rice. Try it in pita bread pockets too. I try to get as many vegetables as I can into the mix, making it almost an all-in-one type of recipe.



No comments: