Friday 7 October 2011

Fava Bean Puree / Greek-Style Lamb Burgers / Chorizo & White Bean Soup with Queso Fresco



Blog Post & Recipe: Fava Bean Puree, Pat and "The Chew"


No, this isn't hummus. It's what you might call the Italian equivalent though - fava bean puree, made with dried fava beans.


Blog Post & Recipe: Greek-Style Lamb Burgers


If you like Greek food, you'll love these warm toasted pitas stuffed with flavorful ground lamb patties, tzatziki, feta and fresh vegetables


Blog Post & Recipe: Chorizo & White Bean Soup with Queso Fresco


The chorizo flavored the broth with its spicy smoky flavor and made me really happy. I made a big pot and froze it in serving-size containers, so each time I made it I experimented with toppings. I tried grated mozzarella with a sprinkle of minced Italian parsley, which was good. But the dollops of salty, crumbly Queso Fresco cheese with minced cilantro and basil sprinkled over the top was the best.



No comments: