Saturday 22 October 2011

Caribbean Bean Puree / Chicken in Beer / Smoky Eggplant & Lamb Pide



Blog Post & Recipe: Caribbean Bean Puree


The ingredient list for this recipe may seem a little strange. Black beans and bananas? You are just going to have to trust me on this one.


Recipe: Chicken in beer


Takes about 2 hours to prepare, but well worth it. The flavors are deep and substantial. I added more carrots than the original recipe called for, but I like eating them – they were saturated and drenched in the cooking juices.


Blog Post & Recipe: Smoky Aubergine and Lamb Pide


Pide are rather similar to lamacun* and are apparently sold on every street corner in their homeland. I topped mine with aubergine (which I blackened on the gas hob before scooping out the smoky flesh); lamb, minced; spices like coriander, cumin and cinnamon; onion, garlic and a little tomato.



No comments: