Thursday 27 October 2011

Toad-in-the-Hole / Korean Kimchi Stew / Mushroom & Beetroot Frittata



Blog Post & Recipe: Classic English Toad-in-the-Hole


I first posted a recipe for Toad in the Hole back in 2003. I wasn't quite satisfied with that recipe, and based on feedback from readers and a bit more experimentation, recently updated the recipe.


Blog Post & Recipe: Korean Kimchi Stew


I first came across Soondoobu Jiggae (or, soft tofu stew to me and you) at Koba, on Charlotte Place. A bubbling stew in a hot stone pot, it as packed with little clams, silky soft tofu and the punchy heat of kimchi. Further exploration with my chopsticks revealed a perfectly poached egg in the broth.


Blog Post & Recipe: Mushroom and beetroot frittata


Frittatas are easy-peasy, weeknight food. Something you can make in one pan, cram full of vegetables and top with whatever is in the fridge. Nutritionally this particular frittata combines antioxidant rich beetroot, with B vitamin and antioxidant containing mushrooms, plus protein packed eggs. I topped the frittata with a dairy free kind of pesto, made from coriander, miso, garlic and walnuts.



No comments: