Saturday 17 December 2011

Jugged Hare / Fennel & Pear Soup / Black Pudding Profiteroles



Blog Post & Recipe: Jugged Hare


The recipe kicks off asking for a mixture of flour, mace, cloves and allspice to roll the chunks of rabbit in before frying.


Blog Post & Recipe: Good warm, even better cold - Fennel and Pear Soup


I was standing with a fennel bulb in my hand when I saw a very ripe pear on the table and somehow my mind connected with the two and there was one - the vision of a fennel and pear soup.


Blog Post & Recipe: Black Pudding Profiteroles


Remember the Chorizo Choux Puffs? When I published the recipe on my Estonian site, then one of the readers, Ilse, suggested using our Christmas favourite, finely chopped black pudding instead of chorizo. I liked the sound of that, so nicked the idea, adding a spoonful of roasted onion flakes for an extra depth of flavour.



No comments: