Friday 16 December 2011

10 Reasons I Love My Freezer / Stuffed Cabbage Casserole / Phyllo Kourou



Blog Post: Cold comfort - 10 reasons I love my freezer


1. Going nuts ... 2. Flavour bombs ... 3. Scrooge satisfaction ... 4. Stocking up ... 5. Anything with a pulse ... 6. Rice on ice ... 7. The Florence factor ... 8. Pesto power ... 9. Take-away at home ... 10. Craving curb


Blog Post & Recipe: Recipe for Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Casserole


Being forced to plan ahead for meals meant I always made diet-friendly casseroles or soups on the weekend to make sure my freezer was well-stocked to get me through the week. That's a habit I'm going to work on cultivating again, so over the weekend I made this amazing Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Casserole and I have six servings of it in the freezer waiting for me at home


Blog Post & Recipe: Rolo me Phyllo Kourou and my e-book has finally been published


The classic recipe, Rolo me Patates is made with ground meat in which we add hard boiled eggs. In Cyprus we wrap the roulade in caul fat, which melts as it is being baked in the oven and gives a wonderful flavour to the ground meat. Instead of caulfat I wrapped it in kourou phyllo and added ham and halloumi. A very simple recipe but yet so delicious. Instead of Kourou phyllo you can just wrap it in parchment paper or in puff pastry.



No comments: