Wednesday 5 May 2010

Tweaking Recipes / Moorish Pork Chops / Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce



Blog Post: The Recipe Tweaker [via Chez Pim]


It's only when you make big, bold changes--swapping limes for lemons, grinding and toasting your spices, ignoring the Mighty Keller--that you can call yourself a real cook. AKA: a recipe tweaker.


Recipe: Jamie's Moorish pork chops


When the Moors invaded Spain they brought grapes and dried fruits with them. Their love of mixing dried fruits with meats definitely left its mark on Spanish cooking and this is my nod to that time in Spain's history.


Blog Post & Recipe: Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce


Yesterday I examined the contents of my kitchen and wound up with a small pile of things I needed to use: a couple of raw chicken breasts, a loaf of sourdough bread, and a bunch of baby spinach ... Realizing I had a full jar of apricot preserves in the pantry, I ... whipped up this sandwich



No comments: