Thursday 27 May 2010

Cochinita Pibil / Ginger Beer / Curried Cauliflower Couscous



Blog Post & Recipe: A Twist on Pulled Pork! Cochinita Pibil from Simply Recipes


When this recipe for cochinita pibil come up on Simply Recipes, we were immediately captivated by its description of pork shoulder braised in orange juice and Mexican spices.


Blog Post & Recipes: Ginger Beer


I was interested in a non-alcoholic version that I could use as a mixer with soda or something a little stronger and decided to give making my own ginger beer a go. You’ll need a lot of ginger. Two and a half pounds of it, to be precise.


Blog Post & Recipe: Curried Cauliflower Couscous


That something is cauliflower couscous, so named because the finished product roughly resembles couscous ... When I think of regular couscous, I immediately think of that golden colour and in this cauliflower version, the combination of curry powder and butter tint the cauliflower.



No comments: