Saturday 29 May 2010

Chicken wrapped in Bacon with Silverbeet, Orange & Pinenuts / Rice Porridge with Chicken and Lemon Grass / Black Bean and Summer Squash Enchiladas



Blog Post & Recipe: Chicken wrapped in Bacon with Silverbeet, Orange & Pinenuts


The salty flavours of the bacon and the bitterness of the greens are balance beautifully I feel with the sweet citric orange. It’s a great winter dish that can be served a crusty bread, polenta or mashed potatoes.


Blog Post & Recipe: Corinne Trang's Rice Porridge with Chicken and Lemon Grass (Chao xa ga)


Because I'd had a big pot of chicken stock hanging out in my fridge for a few days, I decided to make the Vietnamese version of congee, chao xa ga, which has a slightly more flavorful base (chicken broth boiled together with lemongrass and chili) than regular congee.


Blog Post & Recipe: Black Bean and Summer Squash Enchiladas


... we were out of corn, which I usually use in black bean enchiladas. Finally, I decided to create an enchilada recipe that would use the expiring produce du jour–the last of a big bag of patty pan squash–as a replacement for corn, and it was a big hit with the whole family.



No comments: