Sunday 31 July 2011

Homemade Celery Salt / Caponata, Eggplant Relish / Creamy Mushroom Soup /



Blog Post & Recipe: Homemade Celery Salt Recipe


If you make some each time you buy a bunch of celery, you end up with a bottomless jar of celery-spiked salt. And this way, minimal celery parts go to waste, except the celery strings - my suspicion is there won't be many tears shed over that.


Blog Post & Recipe: Caponata, Eggplant Relish


The only apparent constants in caponata are eggplants, onions, olive oil, vinegar, and some sort of tomato product, either tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes or both. Other common ingredients include pine nuts, raisins, capers, olives, celery, basil, bell peppers, garlic, parsley and oregano.


Blog Post & Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Soup


I fell in love with the pic of a particular brand of mushroom soup which not only looked creamy white,but had fresh parsley in it- at least the pic had. The pic urged me so strongly to buy it and taste it and lo -the soup did not have any parsley. I know ,you may think of me as a nutcase,but that actually urged me to make a soup with parsley in it.



No comments: