Thursday 7 July 2011

4 Vegetable Soups / Spinach Sandwich / Radish & Basil Pesto



Blog Post & Recipes: More soups I've been making


Spicy Coconut Soup ... Radiant Bok Choy ... Lettuce & Potato Soup ... If I have a lot of greens leftover I make Jamie’s Ribollita.


Recipe: Spinach Sandwich


Apply butter on two slices of bread (on one side) and spread this spinach filling all over on one slice, place the other bread slice and toast till golden. Serve warm.


Blog Post & Recipe: Radish and Basil Pesto


This recipe was inspired by a similar one I saw on Clotilde Dusolier's "Chocolate and Zucchini" sometime last year. Hers called for using just the radish greens, and she also used a more traditional hard Italian cheese such as parmesan or romano, typical of a straight basil pesto. I've added some basil for a little more complexity, marcona almonds for their sweetness, feta cheese for its tang, and finely diced radishes for a little extra spice and crunch.



No comments: