Monday 10 August 2009

Five-Spice Pork Roll. Mango Lassi. Greek Nachos.



Blog Post & Recipe: Loh Bak Recipe (Five-Spice Pork Roll)


Loh bak is made with marinated pork in Chinese five-spice powder and then rolled up with bean curd skin (soy bean skin).


Blog Post & Recipe: Mango Lassi Recipe


Here is my easy mango lassi recipe that is totally painless to prepare. I use honey instead of sugar and that really does the trick for me!


Article & Recipe & Video: Behold, the Greek Nacho (via Not Without Salt, where the blogger supplies a recipe for whole wheat pita bread to use in place of nacho chips).


I’m [...] substituting like mad to create what you might call Greek-style nachos. In doing so, I hope to liberate the entire concept and take it in a few different directions.

My nachos go like this: pita triangles toasted with olive oil; a sauce of feta and yogurt, spiked with mint and lemon; a topping of ground lamb with onion and cumin; and a garnish of tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. The whole thing takes maybe a half-hour ...



No comments: