Saturday 15 August 2009

Chicken Jus. Chipotle Chicken, Apricot & Brie Quesadillas. Elote Corn.



Blog Post & Recipe: The Importance of Jus: Two Chickens in One Meal


The jus is simply the liquid contained in the roasted meat. "The problem," [cookbook author James Peterson] admits, "that most often confronts professional chefs is that most roasts do not provide enough full-flavored jus to go around."


Blog Post & Recipe: Chipotle Chicken, Apricot and Brie Quesadillas


I remembered seeing a chicken, apricot and brie panini on good Life {eats} which sounded like a good combo. I immediately thought about doing a quesadilla version but I knew that I would need some heat so I added some chopped chipotles in adobo sauce. I followed that with some cilantro, and green onions and I was just about done.


Blog Post & Recipe: Mexican Corn on the Cob: A Light in August


Like almost all dishes, there are endless variations on elote, but most commonly it’s a cob of corn slathered in mayonnaise, cotija cheese (a semi-hard, crumbly cheese that resembles grated Parmesan), powdered chile peppers and lime juice. Sometimes, you can find it without mayonnaise and instead drenched in butter, margarine or crema. The corn can be prepared many ways, such as steamed, roasted or grilled.



No comments: