Monday 16 January 2012

Frog Porridge / Collard Greens / Hot and Sour Thai Soup



Blog Post & Recipe: Frog Porridge 田鸡粥


We usually call this 'tin gai'(田鸡) in Cantonese, which simply translates into paddy field chicken.


Blog Post & Recipe: Collard Greens


I had just about given up and resigned to the fact that I was going to be one of those people who hated collards. But then my mom intervened. She swore that my cousin's husband, Chad had the best recipe ever. She said it was fabulous...made with wine, etc!


Blog Post & Recipe: Hot and Sour Thai Soup Recipe


Tom Yum Thai soup has a unique taste. It's both spicy and sour and loaded with amazing flavors such as lemongrass, galangal, fresh kaffir limes leaves and coconut milk. For this version, I combined fresh water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, tamarind, red chili powder, baby squid and mackerel. You could also add shrimp or chicken. And of course, the soup is easy to make vegetarian as well.



No comments: