Monday 29 August 2011

Carrot-Beetroot Salad / Garlic Scape Pesto / 13 Sauces (Pesto, Dressing, Salsa, Etc)



Blog Post & Recipe: carrot-beet salad


One of my favourite ways to change up boredom from green salads is to make a salad of grated vegetables. Coleslaw is all fine and good, but why leave it at that?


Blog Post & Recipe: The great garlic (e)scape


When I said "garlic scape", a friend thought I meant a painting depicting a crop of the infamously stinking rose. I would have assumed the same thing had I not been formally introduced to this tasty garlic flower stem (scape) that, according to Wikipedia, comes from the hardneck and elephant types of garlic.

Garlic Scape Pesto


Blog Post & Recipes: Some of my Favorite Sauces


So, here are some of my favorite sauces. All pretty easy.

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa ... Roasted Tomato Salsa ... Red Chile Sauce ... Sweet and soy dressing ... Honey-Lime dressing ... Orange-Shallot ... Thai Peanut Sauce ... Traditional Pesto ... Chimichurri ... Balsamic Strawberry Fruit Butter with Chiles ... Stone Fruit and Fig Chutney ... Cranberry Sauce with Tart Oregon Cherries and Red Onions ... Honeyed cinnamon applesauce ... Salted Caramel Sauce.



No comments: