Monday 8 August 2011

5 Recipes from the Momofuku Cookbook / Corn, Buttermilk & Chive Popovers / How to Sprout Lentils + Gourmet Sprouted Lentil Salad



Blog Post & Recipes: David Chang’s Momofuku (Cooking the Books 5)


A few months ago, a few crazy food bloggers (myself and the Boy included) decided that the next Cooking the Books would be from the Momofuku cookbook.

Ramen Broth ... Momofuku Ramen (Cup Noodles) ... Roasted Rice Cakes ... Pork Belly Ssam (sam gyup sal ssam) with Mustard Seed Sauce


Blog Post & Recipe: corn, buttermilk and chive popovers


I turned to Google, which led me to a recipe for corn popovers from The New Basics by Julee Russo and Sheila Lukins. I adjusted them a bit; I swapped buttermilk for regular, as was my plan, and I found that the corn really had to be blended to become part of the batter (rather than kernels that fell out after tearing the popover open).


Blog Post & Recipe: How to Sprout Lentils & Gourmet Sprouted Lentil Salad


Go here to this post - and follow the directions for Sprouting Quinoa, simply replacing the Quinoa with Lentils! Be careful though - Lentils triple in size when you sprout them: If you're using a wide mouth (3 cup) Mason Jar I recommend starting with 1 cup of dried Lentils at the very most. You don't want to run out of room in your jar.



No comments: