Friday 11 February 2011

Sichuan Chilli Oil / Making Stock / Mexican Hot Chocolate



Blog Post & Recipe: Sichuan Chilli Oil


Heat the peanut oil in a small saucepan until shimmering, then CAREFULLY add the peppercorns. They will spit a lot - wear long sleeves.


Blog Post & Recipe: How to make stock the right way, the wrong way, and when it matters [via]


So here, I'll show you the classicist's way of making stock, but then I'll let you in on all the ways you can cheat.

Classic meat stock


Blog Post & Recipe: Mexican Hot Chocolate


I have to admit that I like my hot chocolate a little stronger than that, and less sweet. But there’s something endearing about that crumbly Mexican chocolate that crinkles with sugar when you snap pieces off. So I upped the proportion of Mexican chocolate and added some unsweetened cocoa powder, which brought up the chocolate flavor and richness to where I like it.



No comments: