Sunday 10 January 2010

Smoked Duck / Three Salsify Recipes / Faux Fennel Pollen



Blog Post & Recipe: where there's smoke, there's duck ...


Smoked duck! Ah, of course, I said. Sichuan smoked duck. Of course. Erm, but I've never smoked anything in my life before. (Honest, Dad.) So, er, how?


Recipe: Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's salsify recipes


Salsify and scorzonera are beautiful names for rather unprepossessing roots, but if they're unfamiliar to you, I urge you to get intimate with them.

Salsify fritters ... Salsify tempura with a spicy dipping sauce ... Salsify gratin


Blog Post & Recipe: Faux Fennel Pollen (via a link to the same blogger's recipe for Fennel and Orange Salad)


So I experimented, grinding some fennel seeds along with coriander, black peppercorns, sea salt and a dash of cayenne. I used an electric coffee grinder, pulverizing the mixture to a powder ... I rubbed the mixture on both sides of some boneless pork chops



No comments: