Thursday 21 January 2010

Ham Stock / Lamb Braised in Milk with Fennel / What Freezes Well?



Blog Post & Recipes: How to Make Ham Stock and Recipe Ideas Using Ham Stock


Making stock starts with saving scraps. I have containers in my freezer where I save ham, chicken, turkey, or beef scraps and bones until I have enough to make stock.


Blog Post & Recipe: Lamb Braised in Milk with Fennel


Lamb braised in milk. Huh? Okay, yes, I know it sounds weird (at least it did to me at first) but hear me out. It's just a spin on a traditional Italian recipe of pork braised in milk, in which the milk reduces down to a rich and creamy white sauce.


Blog Post: What Sorts of Recipes and Meals Freeze Well?


A few foods that freeze well, and that would make great meals for a new parent, are most soups, stews, chili, curry, meaty braises, and lasagna. You can also make dumplings or ravioli and then freeze them. Also, you can make your own version of mix and match bagged meals. Also try this thread for some ideas ...



No comments: