Monday 20 July 2009

Weird Meat. Wrinkly Potatoes. Dandelion with Lamb.



Blog: Weird Meat


WeirdMeat.com, a travel and food blog. Documents experiences eating strange foods around the world. What is weird to one, is normal to another.


Blog Post & Recipe: Canary Wrinkly Potatoes (Papas Arrugadas)


When I encountered this dish for the first time in a Spanish restaurant, I thought they used a special kind of potatoes as the insides were soft, almost mashed, encased in salty, slightly chewy skin. Apparently, it’s a classic Canarian dish for ordinary new potatoes.


Blog Post & Recipe: Dandelion with Lamb

Scroll down to get to the English version.


This recipe is not from mainstream Turkish cuisine - as far as I know -, I inspired with this Cretan recipe, adapted to my turkish taste. I have no chance to find spiny chicory - stamnagathi here so I used dandelions as she advised, then omitted the lemon-egg (terbiye) sauce and added fresh tomatoes.



No comments: