Tuesday 16 June 2009

Mint Tea. Peas on Toast. Cooking a Whole Fish.



Blog Post & recipe: How to Make Mint Tea


At this time of year I always have loads of Mint. I have a patch growing in an old stone trough and every year it comes back ... So here’s my Mint Tea recipe


Article & Recipes: Taking On The Whole Fish


The uninitiated would question why anyone would even attempt to cook a whole fish. My answer: flavor ... I truly believe that fish tastes so much better cooked on the bone. The gelatin-rich backbone is an excellent heat conductor, and the fatty skin seals in the moisture

Get recipes for Korean Roasted Fish (Saengsun Yangnyum Gui), Date-Stuffed Fish (above) and Poached Fish, as well as tips on finding fresh fish.


I found both of the above at Serious Eats.

Blog Post & Recipe: a top toast-topper


Warning for all those against peas – mushy or otherwise – this recipe is built on them.

Smashed peas on toast
Adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe


Via.


No comments: