Friday 8 May 2009

Opening Jars. Hash Brown Quiche. Calamari, squid, cuttlefish: the difference.



Article: Two-minute expert: How to open a stubborn jar


Try a rubber band.


Recipe: Mother's Day recipe: Hash Brown Quiche


Press the potatoes into the bottom and up the side of the pie plate to form a crust, shaping it to stand above the rim of the pie plate if possible.


Article: Picking the difference between calamari, squid and cuttlefish


Q Is there any difference between calamari, cuttlefish and squid? I see they are all on menus but they all seem the same to me.

A Cuttlefish, squid and octopus are all of the same family but all very different ...

Q Could you please explain what Espagnole is. It is often referred to in a cookbook I have as an ingredient but I have never heard of it before.

A I get a lot of questions on classical French cooking terms, it must be enjoying a resurgence in popularity out there. Espagnole is ...



No comments: