Monday 14 May 2007

Hamburger and kidney beans. Soy milk and tofu



Recipe: Texas hamburger and kidney beans

"I like the recipe because it is a hearty meal that doesn't take long and the ingredients are inexpensive. It will fill up a family and keep them warm on the inside in the winter on a low budget. Also, it has a colorful presentation. My mother got it from a woman who came from Texas; she met her in the 1940s and has made the recipe ever since. My mother was Lydia Carnecke Naiman."


Article/Recipe: Make your own soy milk and tofu.


2 comments:

Martin said...

That's kind of cool. I wonder if we can get soybeans at the Queen Vic relatively cheaply.

Umbagollah said...

Not sure. We could check. I might post some other how-to-make-tofu sites later on. A poster on one site writes: "Honestly, making tofu is a time consuming and messy process, and you don’t really save any money doing it because even a hard-core veg like me can only eat so much of the stuff, and it spoils after a while. Just buy fresh tofu from the market as you need it."