Monday 28 September 2009

Tomato and Parmesan Tart. Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Beet-Tofu Burgers.



Blog Post & Recipe: Torta salata al grana padano e pomodori - WHB # 202

Scroll down through the post for the English-language version.


So let's enjoy the last ripe tomatoes in a lovely savory tart. It can be prepared in advance, just heat a few minutes before serving. When served as a main dish, it's nice with ham.

Tomato and Parmesan Tart


Blog Post & Recipe: Garlic Mashed Potatoes The Way That Mom Never Made Them


I don’t use roasted garlic, and I don’t saute it or even simmer it in butter as some folks do. I simply put peeled garlic cloves into the pot with the potatoes and boil them together and when the potatoes are done, I mash the garlic in with them.


Blog Post & Recipe: Roasted Beet-Tofu Burgers (and another blogger tries the same dish).


To pack in as much natural smoky flavor as I could, I decided to roast the beets as well as the onion and garlic. To avoid adding starch, I used ground flax seeds as a binder, so my burgers came out less stable and easier to fall apart than the restaurant version, but the flavor was very similar, with hints of earthiness and smoke.



No comments: