Saturday 19 September 2009

Carrot & Squash Soup with Coconut & Chili. 10 Kitchen Staples. Kolokythokeftedes.



Blog Post & Recipe: Chunky Carrot & Squash Soup with Coconut & Red Chilli Flakes


I usually use fresh chillies in my cooking, but my chilli plant is not co-operating, so I turn to chilli flakes for the heat in this soup.


Blog Post: 10 Kitchen Staples for Quicker Weeknight Dinners


These are all foods that point to how I cook: a lot of Italian and Mediterranean-inspired dishes, without much meat, and always augmented by the herbs from my garden.

1. Israeli Couscous ... 2. Pasta ... 3. Polenta ... 4. Onions and Garlic ... 5. Canned Tomatoes ... 6. Anchovies ... 7. Broth and Stock ... 8. Eggs ... 9. Frozen Spinach and Artichoke Hearts ... 10. Prosciutto or Bacon


Blog Post & Recipe: Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini and Feta Balls)


I pretty much just started with the recipe that I used for my Greek style zucchini fritters and modified it slightly for the zucchini balls. Where the zucchini fritters could be fairly liquidy and even be poured into the pan to fry the zucchini balls needed to be able to hold their form so I kept adding equal parts whole wheat flour and whole wheat bread crumbs until the mixture could hold the form of a ball.



No comments: