Tuesday 22 September 2009

Rice Pudding with Stewed Apples. Onion, Anchovy, Spinich Quiche. Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash.



Blog Post & Recipe: Right as Rain


I added a simple twist to my rice pudding by adding two crushed cardamom pods, something I like to add to rice when cooking it normally. [...] The slight hint of gingery spiciness from the cardamom not only kept the rice from becoming too sickly sweet, it also ...

Cardamom Rice Pudding with Stewed Apples


Blog Post & Recipe: Onion, Anchovy & Spinach Quiche


One of my most favourite pasta dishes is onion and anchovy spaghetti. It's so beautifully simple; onions, sweated down until almost a mush for 45 minutes, and then milk-soaked tinned anchovy fillets added until broken down and emulsified with a little of the milk to make a sauce [...] In a fit of experimentation, I thought that this would be quite fitting for a quiche ...


Blog Post & Recipe: Roasted Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash Recipe

(M., I'm not posting this because I expect you to cook it, but it just looks so very, very pretty.)


I've adapted today's recipe from the Acorn Squash filled with Corn Pudding in The Vegetarian Compass. It involved roasting, making a filling, filling the squash, and roasting some more. If you don't have an hour and a half to dedicate to roasting, here's an alternative approach that came to mind as I was making it ...



No comments: