Thursday 23 June 2011

Sweet Potato Biscuits / Pumpkin, Chickpea and Lemongrass Curry / Goat Brain Fritters



Blog Post & Recipe: Sweet Potato Biscuits


The longest of the prep is making the sweet potato puree. I peeled and cubed mine, boiled until fork-tender, then pureed them in a food processor until smooth and velvety.


Blog Post & Recipe: Easy Pumpkin, Chickpea and Lemongrass Curry [via]


The beauty of this is you can throw in whatever you like in the curry; your favourite meat, veges or whatever you have sitting in the bottom of your fridge that isn’t sadly limp (for me, it was time to use up my dried chickpeas!).


Blog Post & Recipe: Bheja Fry - Goat Brain Fritters [via]


Preparing brains is much like preparing sweetbreads , which I've served many times in the French restaurants I've worked in. You rinse the brains in cold water for about an hour to eliminate excess blood, then poach in a court bouillon with a few tablespoons of vinegar for about 30 minutes. For bheja fry I used ginger garlic cumin and turmeric in the court bouillon as well as the standard onion, celery, and carrot.



No comments: