Friday 17 June 2011

4 Mexican-Armenian Recipes / Unagi Kabayaki / Roasted Capsicum with Capers & Mozzarella



Article & Recipes: Marrying Mexican and Armenian cuisine


Armenians, just like Mexicans, love the comingling of sweet and sour and spicy and mild; they love strong flavors like lamb and garlic.

Stuffed grape leaves ... Pilaf with topping ... Carne asada ... Jocoque dip


Blog Post & Recipe: Unagi Kabayaki [via]


If you like Japanese food, and have had unagi kobayaki--broiled eel--at Japanese restaurants, you will be surprised at how easy it is to make at home. When I was making this dish, I thought of my nephew Tyler. He really likes unagi. I thought, 'How can Ty make this at his house in Oregon?' Simple. Just like my grandfather did--in a pan on top of the stove.


Blog Post & Recipe: roasted peppers with capers and mozzarella


I will turn on the oven for one thing, and that is to roast my peppers for the better part of an hour. I prefer this over blistering them on the stove, which makes them easy to peel but not supple and sweetly cooked as they get in the oven. After peeling their skin and cutting them into strips, I let them sit overnight in some salt, pepper, garlic and red wine vinegar which punched up their flavor a bit.



No comments: