Monday 20 June 2011

Nettle Pakoras / Watermelon & Fennel Salad / Caribbean Spinach & Coconut Milk Soup



Blog Post & Recipe: The Sting


My favourite way with nettles is to make Indian pakoras, all spicy, crispy, mysterious and green. They are a doddle to make and amazing to eat, even my 6 year old loves them.


Blog Post & Recipe: Watermelon and Fennel Salad [via]


I decided to try, pairing with fennel, whose anise notes I think go rather well with something sugary, and a little garlic & herbed goat cheese to help balance things out. A little fresh mint, olive oil, salt and pepper and I had myself a watermelon salad


Blog Post & Recipe: Caribbean Spinach & Coconut Milk Soup


Coming back to the recipe, as I started reading, first ingredient was spanish onion…well sweetish for me in a soup,second garlic…hmm…okay..followed by green chillies,coriander seeds & cumin (now we are talking)..then there was coconut milk,chicken stock and limes (I was already sold)..I must say it was the most amazing find of the day- a Caribbean spinach soup with coconut milk and known indian spices!!



No comments: