Tuesday 20 April 2010

Radish Salsa / Considering Scotch Eggs / Mushroom Soup



Recipe: Radishes make tasty salsa


This is one salsa that's going to be my summer staple, no matter what's on fire.

Radish salsa


Blog Post: Consider the scotch egg [blog post contains links to recipes -- see the comments below the post for more]


Extraordinary things. In the past, they went from rich man's caprice to Victorian savoury. Now they inhabit a strange hinterland between pubby ubiquity and zhooshed-up gastro cliche.


Blog Post & Recipe: Mushroom Soup


I am into roux these days. It creates beautifully silky, shiny and flavourful soups and gravy. My guides are Bittman’s gumbo video and Alton Brown’s Gravy Confidential. I know… roux is basically flour suspended in fat but I’m not the kind who cares.



No comments: