Monday 22 February 2010

Cauliflower with Tomatoes / Raspberry Lenten Buns / Nigel Slater Roasts Chicken



Blog Post & Recipe: Gobi Tamatar/Cauliflower with Tomatoes


As ill famed as this flower might be, I don’t think it stinks; I think it is one fantastic thing that absorbs a lot of flavors.


Blog Post & Recipe: Decadent Lenten Buns


It's Shrove Tuesday here in Estonia today, which means that people eat copious amounts of vastlakuklid aka Lenten buns aka semlor today ... this year I decided to be a bit more adventurous, so I flirted with chocolate Lenten buns and marzipan-raspberry buns.


Article & Recipe: Nigel Slater's roast chicken recipes


Sometimes I roast a chicken without the usual anointment of butter or olive oil. Just a generous scattering of sea salt and black pepper over its skin and a handful of aromatics up its bum. [he gives instructions]

A warm chicken and orange salad for winter ... Apple and rhubarb purée with almond brittle



No comments: