Monday 12 October 2009

Sautéed Calf’s Liver / Garlic Soup / Five Cheesy Bread Recipes



Article & Recipe: Reunion With a Rich Old Friend


... I went with the traditional pan sauce of bacon and onions. Liver cooks speedily, so I started my onions and bacon first. I stirred in some shredded radicchio for color and as a way to put more vegetables into the meal.

Sautéed Calf’s Liver with Bacon and Radicchio


Blog Post & Recipe: Richard Olney's Garlic Soup Recipe


I've worked my way through a stack of garlic soup recipes over the years. Some clipped from magazines or torn from newspapers, others scribbled in shorthand on scraps of paper. It is a delicious realm of soups, and there have been plenty of notable bowls amongst them. To that extent, I thought I'd share the one I love most.


Blog Post & Recipes: Savory, Cheesy, Quick: Five Bread Recipes


Do you have any favorite quickbread recipes?
• 1 Cheese, Rosemary & Potato Loaf, from Jane Hornby/Good Food
• 2 Bacon-Cheddar Quick Bread with Dried Pears, from Dorie Greenspan/Bon Appétit
• 3 Basic Beer-Cheese Bread, from Cooking Light
• 4 Cheddar-Corn Spoon Bread, from Martha Stewart
• 5 Gruyère and Rosemary Cake, from Yotam Ottolenghi/The Guardian



No comments: