Tuesday 13 October 2009

Chicken Mug-Pies / Pot Roasted Chicken / Fennel & Olive Pasta on a Fried Egg



Blog Post & Recipe: Chicken Mug-Pies


I baked all of them at once, and refrigerated half for another night, covered in foil; they reheated nicely in the oven at 350F for 20-30 minutes, keeping the foil on to protect the crusts from over-browning.


Blog Post & Recipe: Pot Roasted Chicken for Rainy Autumn Days


I used to make it in a Crockpot when I was very busy and it would cook all day until we needed it. Nowadays I don’t have such a thing and I’ve reverted back to the way my grandmother would have cooked it, in a heavy covered Dutch oven.


Blog Post & Recipe: Fennel & Kalamata olive pasta on fried egg


Thick bucatini pasta coated in a sweet red sauce and topped with diced kalamata olives and sautéed fennel. Served on top of a perfectly fried egg! The yolk adds so much to the flavor of the red sauce.

So the trick to making sauce that tastes like it’s been simmering for hours is to cook it down to a thick pasty texture and then rehydrate it by adding a ladle or two of starchy pasta water to the pan. You should also use tongs ...



No comments: