Saturday 24 October 2009

Poached Eggs / Fish Ball & Lettuce Soup / Oxtail Pho



Blog Post: Poached eggsactly right


Cooking fans are experimenting to find the perfect way to poach eggs, reporting back online. But what works in your kitchen?


Blog Post & Recipe: Street Food of Hong Kong: Vegetable-n-Fish Soup


The authentic version adds with a lot of white pepper and sesame oil, but now I'd like to try another version that skips the two, but put into arugula to maintain a peppery taste in soup.

Recipe of White Fish Ball, Lettuce and Arugula Soup (for 2 persons)


Blog Post & Recipe: Phở Đuôi Bò (Vietnamese Noodle Soup with Oxtail). There's a follow-up post here.


Phở bò is a Vietnamese beef noodle soup; phở đuôi bò is one made with oxtail ... I like my phở broth silky with gelatin but not slick with grease, so I skim the fat pretty aggressively. To cut down on skimming efforts and to allow flavors to fully develop, I give myself a couple of days to build the broth.



No comments: