Tuesday 22 November 2011

Hokkaido Milk Bread / Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa Recipe / Crusted Butternut Pumpkin



Blog Post & Recipe: Hokkaido Milk Loaf (Hokkaido Milk Bread) - My First Bread Loaf....


The recipe featured here is denser and richer. The incorporation of Hokkaido milk (I do happen to have Hokkaido milk which I had bought from Hong Kong, but normal full cream milk will do just as well) and fresh cream yields a fine crumbed, moist texture.


Blog Post & Recipe: Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa Recipe


I cubed and steamed the squash, mashing half of it to help thicken the stew. In went the quinoa, one of my favorite grains, for an extra punch of protein and fiber. The topper was a kick of briny flavor from some kalamata olives and a burst of freshness from a handful of chopped parsley.


Blog Post & Recipe: CRUSTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH


It’s a why-haven’t-I-done-this-before? kind of recipe – written with a short list of familiar ingredients, likely things you have on hand and out comes a tender squash with just the right crunch of breadcrumbs and parmesan. I typically make more than we can eat to have leftovers, but this is the kind of side you’d want to have fresh as the breadcrumbs get a bit soggy.



No comments: