Monday 5 September 2011

40-Minute Hamburger Buns / Roasted Zucchini Pasta / Greek Style Baked Beans



Recipe: 40-Minute Hamburger Buns


They are substantial enough to stand up to the messiest burger creation without being heavy.


Blog Post & Recipe: Roasted Zucchini Pasta


This pasta – a big mess of roasted zucchini, garlic and onion tossed with pasta, fresh basil and Parmesan – can stand on its own.


Blog Post & Recipe: Greek Style Baked Beans


These are similar (and I mean similar) to the Greek favourite known as “gigantes plaki”. Gigantes translates as giant baked beans. They are traditionally cooked with a tomato based sauce in the oven and as with many Greek dishes there are a few variations. I’ve used lima beans for today’s recipe but you can use butter beans if you wish. I’ve also added a few extra ingredients to the original recipe my mother makes (I can’t help it!). I like to fry off a little bacon and add some of my home made tomato ketchup and sugar to the mix.



No comments: