Monday 2 November 2009

l’Escaoudoun / Chicken Stew / Purple Food



Blog Post & Recipe: Sweet Onion Pork Stew - l’Escaoudoun - a Gascon Specialty


My favorite French ‘pulled pork’ is called l'estouffade or l'escaoudoun in the Gascon patois. ... Once it cooked in the sweet onion sauce for a two hours, I ladled the sauce pork into large canning jars.


Blog Post & Recipe: cazuela(?) - maybe just call it a chicken stew


I decided to just go ahead and alter the recipe to the best of my ability, and what I ended up with was very tasty. I can't say it was distinctly Chilean- I don't think I've ever had Chilean food but what I came up with was your pretty standard chicken soup with some extras that made it more fun.


Blog Post & Recipes: Purple Pleasures, Purple Dinner


I wanted some really really purple food. Finally I settled on Fran’s recommendation of trying Cauliflower Rice. It was the perfect way to feature some of the purple cauliflower ...

Cauliflower Falafels ... Tahini Sauce ... Cauliflower Rice ... Fried Cabbage ... Dukkah Roasted Eggplants and Beetroot ... Purple Passionate Pine Pom Juice



No comments: