Sunday 1 November 2009

Chana Masala / Tabbouleh / Two Portuguese Dishes



Blog Post & Recipe: Spice up your life: Chana Masala


Ok, I know: chana masala does not necessarily require an entire day of stewing and futzing; unlike many curries, it is possible to build an acceptable depth of flavor in less than an hour. I, however, wanted to see what happened when it received the full treatment.


Blog Post & Recipe: Floyd’s Tabbouleh


Looking through [Keith] Floyd’s books there were lots of things I hadn’t tried and was intrigued by and more that I had made and enjoyed. Plenty of options then. In the end I settled on a simple tabbouleh not only because there are still plenty of good tomatoes around but also as it was the first Floyd recipe I ever made.


Article & Recipes: The New Portuguese Table: Exciting Flavors from Europe’s Western Coast


It was while sitting around the dinner table of my friend José Vilela, eating falling-off-the-bone partridge escabeche with a spice profile that unmoored the dish from its traditions, that I felt an internal crowbar-pop that finally freed me.

Featured recipe

* Sweet Lemon and Black Olive Wafers
* My Family’s White Beans and Sausage



No comments: