Tuesday 12 June 2007

Chicken Soup. Oatcakes. Sweet Potato. Chili Sauce.



Recipe: Food in a Flash.

A chicken soup recipe. It might give us something to do with extra stock.

Recipe: Oatcakes with cheese and olives.

Note: these are the small Scottish oatcakes, not the larger ones that look like pancakes.

Recipe: Whip it up - sweet potato.

Recipes for roast sweet potato, green bean and couscous salad; sweet potato mash with grilled lamb cutlets; and sweet potato salad with pecans, ricotta and baby spinach.

Blog post/Recipe: Mexican red chili sauce.

I did this for the first time and made two mistakes which I will NOT repeat. First, I chose not to use gloves when picking the seeds out and handling the peppers. PAIN. Next, I did not let the chili mixture cool completely when I put the slop in the blender. The heat and steam forced the top off and my curtains are still splattered with red. I got very lucky that the stuff didn't fly towards me. Shudder. It's a very labor intensive dish, but even with all of that, it was still densely flavored and luscious. I chose to serve it in some Chile Colorado.



No comments: