Friday 22 April 2011

Hot Cross Buns / Apple & Fennel Salad / 4 Recipes from the New York Times



Blog Post & Recipe: How to cook perfect hot cross buns


Hot cross buns are a festive food, rather than a common or garden breadstuff, and they deserve to be treated as such. A rich, golden dough, heavy with spice and sweet with dried fruits and sugar


Blog Post & Recipe: apple and fennel salad


The fennel is so crunchy and refreshing (I can’t believe I ever gagged eating this stuff – I was crazy, I tell you!) and the slightly tart apples shaved paper thin feel like they’ve meat to be paired with the fennel slices. Also the dill: I know being Russian, I’m a little dill-crazy, but I really think dill and fennel were meant to be together


Blog Post & Recipes: Classic American recipes come to life


Amanda Hesser, a food editor at the New York Times, spent six years compiling a book that would bring together the best recipes in the paper's history, from the 1850s to the present day. Here she picks her personal favourites.

Purée of peas and watercress recipe ... Ginger duck recipe ... Spaghetti with fried eggs and roasted peppers recipe ... Winter borscht recipe



No comments: