Saturday 13 October 2007

Gordon Ramsay

Article: Star Secrets: Gordon Ramsay.

1 Timing. So many people misunderstand timing ...
2 Seasoning. Salt and pepper are the building blocks of any kitchen. It’s the first thing I teach my new chefs – to season with confidence ...
3 Cooking fish. Given how popular sushi has become, I’m amazed at how squeamish people are about eating their fish anything other than nuked. Believe me, if the inside is a bright white, the outside will be dried out and woolly ...
4 Cooking meat. The secret of cooking meat is in the resting. I find it so dispiriting when I cut into a steak and watch all the juices leak out on to the plate because it hasn’t had time to relax ...
5 Perfect custard. It’s worth perfecting your egg-custard recipe as it is the base for so many things ...



No comments: